The 5 Most Important Customer Service Rules: Make Them Feel ImportantJuly 19th, 2013 . by Richard Earls
Clients want to feel important. By being prompt in all of your dealings with clients, by always entertaining them in your presence with a warm and welcome manner, you make them feel special and you stake your claim to their attention. Far too often, though, we allow our perspective to wander off course and clients become intrusions on our day. If you catch yourself thinking of clients as annoyances rather than the primary reason you are in business, it’s time for an attitude adjustment.
Here are a few tips that will let your clients know that they are important to you and that you are giving them their full share of your time:
- Return calls promptly – make this a habit. Even if you call to just say “I’m on the case and will be back to you on Tuesday.”
- Follow Up – Call back on Tuesday with results or to say “I’m almost finished but I need one more day.”
- Welcome them warmly each time you meet. Make them feel appreciated by being sincerely grateful to have an opportunity with this client, this day.
- Give them your full attention – in meetings, do not be disturbed. Turn off your cell phone, absolutely take no other calls.
- Know your clients and demonstrate that knowledge. Brief yourself before meetings using your client notes. Speak to them about their world.
- Demonstrate an interest in a long-term relationship. Always set the next opportunity to speak with them
This 365 Marketing and Sales Tip is provided free to the travel agent community by:
Finally, stay in touch with your clients on a regular basis. Too much time elapsing between contacts can result in the loss of a client to anything from a random impulse to a smart competitor. Giving of your time wholeheartedly to your clients ensures that they will gladly give you their own.