3 Vital Ways to Add Video into your Social Marketing
Yet, so many travel and tourism marketers shy away from video thinking it’s too ‘techy’ or too difficult to learn. Many travel pros say they just don’t have the time. Let’s debunk these myths and see how you can jump into that video producer’s seat.
Video from Still Images
Creating your own videos from that stash of FAM trip photos, cruise ship site inspection photos, and destination photos is quick and easy! There are so many tools available now to elevate your own images into short, shareable video that there’s no reason not to embrace this form of marketing.
You can simply upload your still images into one of these platforms, select some music, and add some transitions and text. The tool does all the heavy lifting for you, creating a slick video in the time it takes to say “Cool Video”.
Here are a couple of my favorite tools.
Conquer Video with your Own Content
Turning the camera on ourselves can be scary, yet so powerful. Imagine the possibilities when you’re on a site inspection or want to pass along some vital travel tip or captivating message to your clients, fans, and potential new brand advocates.
On your next site inspection, simply capture a short video of a guest room, pool area, or iconic site. Say a couple of words from the background and add some text overlays. Waa Laa! You have a video to post socially, embed into a blog, or share via email.
We all have dozens of travel tips and trivia that we’ve learned over the years. How about sharing them on live video? Simply set up your video camera or phone in your office and create a short 20-60 second video of each of those tips. The magic happens when you then embed that video into a blog post and elaborate a bit more about the tip you used in your video.
How about leveraging your inner video star with these content ideas:
- Travel trivia
- Insider destination knowledge
- Must See and Must Eat spots
To perk-up these quick videos you may want to use an editing tool to add transitions, text, or filters along with your contact information.
Live Streaming Video
As fast as video is evolving, live-streaming video is leading the game. The popularity of Periscope, Meerkat, and Facebook Live is shaking up the travel industry.
Opportunities in this realm are limitless. Grab your phone and jump on board!
With live streaming video, your audience has the opportunity to chime in with questions and comments while adding to the discussion.
Imagine the possibilities for live-streaming;
- Interview visitors at your destination, event, or resort
- Travel pros can interview suppliers, resort executives, and destination experts
- At a conference or trade show, capture the latest info
- Broadcast live from festivals and events
- Live stream from a site inspection; invite your “pied pipers” to join in and ask questions
- Snapshot of a ‘day on the road’
- Provide destination overviews and showcase top sites
- Showcase your new ________; office, motor coach, activity, ship, destination…
- Interview an industry leader
- Share industry news and updates
- Provide a behind the scenes view of a ship, resort, hotel, restaurant.
Marketing your Videos
Capitalize on your captivating videos by incorporating them into as many facets of your marketing strategy as humanly possible. This way you’ll get more bang for your buck (in terms of creation time) and more of your fans will benefit from your knowledge. All this means more business for you!
Here’s how you can use your new videos:
- Embed your video into a blog post
- Post your videos socially
- Don’t forget to post videos to Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest
- Add video to your website
- Embed video into your e-newsletters
- Include video in your emails
- Video in an email leads to 200-300% increase in click-thru rate
- Incorporate video into your advertising strategy
- Develop video landing pages
- Update your video libraries on YouTube, Vimeo, and Facebook
- Embed video into your next PowerPoint presentation
Diversifying your marketing strategy with video is the secret sauce in travel marketing.
51.9% of marketing professionals worldwide name video as the type of content with the best ROI.
Are you generating the best ROI possible? Be a part of this 51%!
Catherine Heeg, international speaker and trainer, focuses on social media marketing & communication for the travel and tourism industry. Join the conversation and connect with her at www.cmsspeaking.com and socially.
Connect online for access to free social media resources.
When you ‘like’ her Facebook page you’ll have access to the latest social media news just for travel pros!