Think ”Unusual Alliances” To Bring In New Business
Borrowing from a few famous biblical phrases, “Ask and you shall receive.” “Seek and you shall find.” “Knock and it will be open for you.”
With these instructions in place, I would like to remind you of a few things you can do if you’d like to enhance your current position in your marketplace. Here are seven ideas designed to help you “make things happen.”
Before sharing my list I want to remind you that these are my seven ideas. They are not yours. It is “true as rain” that people find it difficult to buy-into other people’s ideas. You buy into your own ideas. I am fond of mine. Therefore, I am positioning the following as nothing more or less than suggestions to stimulate thought. Read them. Think about them. Connect or do not connect with them. Then let your mind do the work.
Possibilities for establishing a working partnership.
- Ice cream or cookie shops located down the block from you. Offer a certificate for a free cookie or cone to anyone who stops to inquire about a trip. Make sure you gather names, emails and addresses.
- Caterers, bridal shops, bakeries and jewelers. Bring in honeymoon trade or set up a bridal registry for honeymooners.
- Luggage shops. Offer a gift certificate towards luggage for those who use your service. Have the luggage shop give travel gift certificates from your agency to those who buy luggage. This might also work well with camera shops.
- Schools. Not just colleges and universities but also high schools, elementary schools and even nursery and day care centers. Develop special offers. School breaks and vacations. (Don’t forget about teachers needing a break too). Special interest groups: Spain for Spanish majors; Archaeological digs for archaeologist. Graduation packages of all types, sizes and destinations.
- Health clubs. Offer physically active vacation packages to their members.
- Beauty salons and diet centers. Offer spa vacations.
- Bookstores. Offer discount or travel books and videos.
I can hear many of you saying to yourself or even out loud, “These ideas won’t work. I’m beginning to wonder if this guy Marchev knows what he’s talking about.” I can guarantee you this: You will miss 100% of the shots you don’t take. Wayne Gretzky said it. From his lips to your ears.
In closing today’s column, I’d like you to remember these three lines.
If you don’t ask, you will never receive.
If you don’t seek, you will never find.
If you don’t knock, doors will remain shut.
Moral: Ask, seek and knock until I tell you to stop.
Mike presents a business-building webinar on the third Thursday of every month sponsored by AmaWaterways. To receive a complimentary invitation send Mike an email with the phrase “AmaWaterways” in the Subject Box. You will also receive a link to the recorded version.
For information on Mike’s 6-Week Online Selling Course, email Mike at email@example.com with the words “sales course” in the subject box.