Effective Ways to Use Email Marketing
Most travel professionals today use email to some extent in the daily workings of their company or business life. It has proven to be an effective and cost-efficient way to keep in touch with both prospects and clients. However, many agents have failed to realize the marketing potential they have at their fingertips when it comes to email. You can do much more with email than just send an invoice or newsletter referencing the next team trip. Let’s consider some of the other ways email can be used from a marketing standpoint.
* Launching new services. This is definitely something you want to keep your clients up to date on. By sending out an email a few weeks ahead of a launch date, you could start getting people excited about new opportunities in the works. A few days beforehand another email could be sent informing them of more details regarding the product. The key is to give out all the details before attaching a call to action, better known as a CTA.
* Sending out email greetings. Put the information you have collected for your list to good use. Keep track of birthdays and anniversaries given to you by each customer, and send out birthday or anniversary cards (either paper or electronic) to show how important your clients are to you. It took me a long time before realizing that birthday greetings to some people are very important. This can also apply to holiday greetings. Little gestures such as these will leave a lasting impression. Your customers will know their patronage is valued, and will likely continue to do business with you. I think a better idea is to send an acknowledgement tied to no particular date or anniversary. Just send an “I was thinking of you today …”
* The Marketing 2-Step. You can build your list by offering some information of value. In your signature file, include the offer. For a complimentary copy of How To River Cruise On a Budget, send a return email to MMMM.
* Company branded email. Just as companies and businesses have their own letterhead for memos and correspondence, you can achieve the same thing with outgoing email pages. Email newsletters or Ezines are perfect outlets for promoting your company. While sending updated information to your current and potential clients, it is a very cost-effective way to keep everyone up to date on new products and services you have to offer. Just remember that a newsletter by definition is a letter filled with news. Don’t bore your readers with superfluous fluff. Hit them with your good stuff.
* Email marketing campaigns can provide you with tracking tools in order to allow a view of visitor statistics. This means you will see how many of your email recipients actually click through to your website or sales page. With this information you can judge what is useful information in your campaigns, as well as what isn’t.
Although these aren’t the only ways you can use email messages as part of your marketing toolbox, they do provide a good start. By taking the time to implement some of them in your business routines today, you will see how effective they can be at keeping your name in top of mind out there in a highly competitive environment.
Mike presents a business-building webinar on the third Thursday of every month sponsored by AmaWaterways. To receive a complimentary invitation send Mike an email with the phrase “AmaWaterways” in the Subject Box. You will also receive a link to the recorded version.
For information on Mike’s 6-Week Online Selling Course, email Mike at email@example.com with the words “sales course” in the subject box.