In January, Oceania Cruises debuts its largest, and most highly anticipated, ship ever, the 1,250-guest Marina.
Oceania’s newest ship features an array of stylish bars and lounges and 10 dining venues – six of which are open-seating, gourmet restaurants – including Jacques, the first restaurant at sea for Chef Jacques Pépin.
Other highlights include a Bon Appétit Culinary Center, Owner’s Suites furnished exclusively in Ralph Lauren Home, and a grand stairway custom-crafted by renowned French glass master, Lalique.
Pillars of Distinction
- An expanded menu of “Jacques Pépin Signature Items” in the Grand Dining Rooms, which include Cotes d’Agneau Grillees – grilled lamb chop served with ratatouille and lamb gravy with thyme, and Gambas Sauté Provençal – sautéed shrimp in olive oil from Nice with garlic, parsley and tomatoes
- Evening menus in the Terrace Café will focus on regional specialties from the area the ship is sailing in addition to each evening’s ever-changing range of traditional favorites
- Gourmet VIP canapé service for all suite guests now includes a wider array of specialty, gourmand-inspired delicacies which are presented on new, custom designed china
- Espresso and Cappuccino from the famed Illy Coffee of Italy
- Free shuttle service in more than 90 ports worldwide where the ship is docked away from the city center
- Introduction of production shows created by the legendary Gary J. Musick company that feature a full ensemble, original choreography, lavish costuming and rousing musical numbers
- Dramatically faster internet speeds as a result of new partnership with MTN
- Complimentary in-suite newspaper delivery for Owner’s, Vista and Oceania suites
- Upgraded bath amenities and toiletries in all accommodations, including Bulgari for Concierge-level and suite guests
- Laptops, currently featured in all Owner’s and Vista suites on Regatta, Insignia and Nautica, will be added to all Penthouse Suites
- iPads for all Owner’s, Vista and Oceania suite
Health & Wellness Aboard Marina
Canyon Ranch SpaClub
Marina will feature a 10,000-square-foot Canyon Ranch SpaClub, offering nearly 50 treatments and therapies, each customized to guests’ needs.
Fitness Center With State-Of-The-Art Equipment
Marina’s fitness center will feature a full circuit of Technogym strength-training machines and a Kinesis Wall, an innovative system offering a free range of natural movement to improve balance, flexibility and strength. Technogym equipment equipped with heart-rate monitoring and individual LCD-TV screens will also be featured in the cardiovascular area.
Canyon Ranch Fitness Experts
When guests are not training on their own, they can utilize Canyon Ranch fitness experts who will lead daily group and private fitness sessions and provide assessment for basic fitness and nutrition counseling.
Specialized wellness services include Yamuna Foot Fitness class offering simple techniques that improve the alignment and flexibility of hard-working feet. The SpaClub’s Performance Orthotics Assessment is a computerized assessment of the way a person walks following by a fitting of custom-designed orthotics.
A Thermal Suite and adjacent thalassotherapy pool are designed to bring balance and restoration to the mind and body. The Thermal Suite is comprised of an aromatic steam room, Finnish sauna and Experiential Rain experience, which features invigorating, multi-sensory cooling showers with three variations of water pressures and temperatures.
Incorporating elements such as airbed recliner lounges, neck fountains, deluge waterfall, air tub and body massage jet benches, the thalassotherapy pool combines the therapeutic benefits of salt water and massage allowing guests to unwind and feel the power of flowing water unknotting tired muscles. The thalassotherapy pool is located on a private sundeck.
Visit Ralph’s web site, www.avidcruiser.com, to contact him and for additional articles about cruising.
This article is provided free to the travel agent community by:
Canyon Ranch Spa Cuisine
Canyon Ranch chefs also worked with Oceania Cruises’ award-winning culinary team to create Spa Cuisine selections for the Grand Dining Room and Terrace Café that are both nutritious and created with the highest gourmet standards.
“Entertainment Tonight” host Mary Hart will serve as the godmother of Marina. Hart will name the ship in Miami at a lavish, invitation-only christening ceremony February 5, which will culminate with a 15-liter Nebuchadnezzar of champagne, custom-made by Armand de Brignac, commemoratively crashing against the hull.
Marina sets sail February 8 on the first of two 18-day Panama Canal transits that visit San Francisco or San Diego, both new ports for Oceania Cruises. Marina then operates a 12-day Caribbean cruise, round-trip from Miami, departing March 16, before sailing along the U.S. Eastern Seaboard and on to Europe to begin her inaugural Mediterranean season.