Here is the long and the short of it.
Professionals ask for the business. Amateurs don’t.
The choice is yours. Are you a pro or are you a wanna-be?
Here are the facts:
- Some people are going to think you are pushy no matter what you do or say.
- Some people are going to tell you to “buzz-off”—or worse.
- Some people are going to threaten to call the cops.
- Some people are lazy; and although they are looking you straight in the eye, they don’t have a clue what you just said to them or asked them to do.
- Some people will be reluctant to do business with you but they will agree just the same.
- Some people will be glad you asked … others will take offense.
- Some people won’t wait for you to ask and they will demand you to take their money.
- Some people are looking for someone like you who knows what they are talking about.
- Some people are shy and are depending on you to make the first move.
- Some people just don’t know what to ask, what to say, or what to do.
- Some people are really glad that you came into their lives.
Many people will need you. Most people won’t.
This is what makes the world such a competitive place. It takes all kinds.
As long as you are not a crook, thug, or a dishonest ex-con, you have nothing to apologize for. Just stick with it.
Go out there and mix with the people. And keep on asking for the business.
You are a professional.