One of the guiding principles of Travel Research Online is to provide free tools to travel professionals to help them do their business better. That has not changed over the years.
We offer tools—destination guides, marketing kits, postcards, videos, training videos and more all at no charge. We also reach out to your peers to see what challenges they face in their day-to-day business and bring them to you in the Travel Agent Diaries and Agent Perspective columns.
In essence, here at TRO, our goal is to provide you the tools to get your job done. As Editor, I follow many different blogs, forums, Facebook pages, and Twitter accounts and I have identified some of the leaders in social networking. I have curated a list of very useful tools to help you navigate your way through social media as well as traditional media as you continue to grow your agency. Some of these links may be dated (they are all valid links) but, as it is with all good, solid advice, the message is timeless. It’s Monday morning—make your coffee and take an hour and read through these—I can promise you will learn something new.
Social Media Resources
- 50 Ideas for using Twittter for business
- 32 Ways to use Facebook for business
- Using LinkedIn as a small business owner
- 11 terrific ways to promote your business on YouTube
- How to use video to promote your small business
- How to produce “Business Quality” online video on a small business budget
More Traditional Media Resources
- New rules of press releases
- 20+ free press release distribution sites
- 5 common newbie mistakes for an email newsletter
Do you have any other valued resources or articles to share? Please leave their URL in a comment!