The Vienna Tourist Board is the official destination marketing agency for the tourism sector of the city. It provides many service offers, tips and much information for Viennese tourist businesses.
Renate Brauner, Vice-Mayor of Vienna and Councilor of Finance and Economic Affairs, has been President of the Vienna Tourist Board since 23 March 2007. The position of Director of Tourism is filled by Norbert Kettner since September 1 2007. The Board of Directors (officially: The Tourism Commission) consists of the president, two vice presidents and 15 additional members, the latter mostly assigned by the City of Vienna.
- Maintains an information well for data and information relating to markets
- Promotes the offers at each destination
- Supports Viennese tourist businesses in the marketing of their offers
- Represents Vienna worldwide at trade fairs and workshops and organizes partnerships within the travel industry as well as from industry
- Performs media tasks, assists journalists and facilitates international reporting on Vienna in relevant media in 23 markets
- Maintains a worldwide Convention Bureau
- Together with Wien-Hotels & Info, runs a neutral room accommodation service and issues public relations and information materials
- Offers a B2C website in more than a dozen languages
- Isolates decisive factors for market research, and
- Reacts to topical challenges with realistic concepts (Marketing Plan, Vienna 2015, etc.).
Media and Marketing
The worldwide marketing and media management is the portal of the Vienna Tourist Board to the international travel industry. Each year, the market managers represent Vienna at some 150 trade fairs and shows, presentations and workshops for tour operators and travel agents, and other trade events. Other activities also carried out by the market managers include distributing advertising materials at the point of sale, and taking care of some 3,200 travel agents visiting Vienna each year. The department’s media managers serve around a thousand selected media representatives whom the Vienna Tourist Board invites to Vienna each year, or who participate in special press trips. Journalists from print media, as well as many television and film teams receive valuable support for their research work, in their search for locations and shooting.
Visit the online travel guide for Vienna!
Also, visit b2b.vienna.info/en for more B2B info!