So this is my last piece for TRO and it’s supposed to be a wrap-up of the year, but I pretty much did that for my last entry. I’m writing this just before I leave town for Thanksgiving and I thought that I’d use the holiday as my theme. What, professionally, am I thankful for this year?
I am thankful that:
- I am constantly learning something new: every month, every week, every day.
- I get to talk to people from all walks of life.
- I have made friends all over the world.
- My clients consider me their friend.
- I get fantastic opportunities to travel – all the time.
- A year ago next week I got to go to Cannes for ILTM (Int’l Luxury Travel Market) and came back really energized and excited and loaded with great ideas and fabulous industry contacts.
- I work with some really bright and creative people who also just happen to be very supportive and resourceful!
- The Agency I work for made a change from American Express to Travel Leaders in January and I was very uneasy about that. After almost one year, I feel rather optimistic about it!
- This year turned out to be one of my best years! This year was finally back to the days of 2008 and in fact, a little bit better!!!
- My “luxury travel” practice has taken off with some private jet and yacht charters – finally!!
- My “curated” Italy practice is booming, thanks to a very small write up in a local magazine (Washingtonian, May 2013). Nothing ever dies on the Internet and I get calls referencing this almost every week.
And lastly, I’ll have some exciting news to share with the TRO community sometime in the first quarter of next year!
What are you grateful for (professionally) at the end of this year?
Mindy Milliron has been a professional travel consultant since 1996 working in suburban Washington, DC. She specializes in personalized vacations and exotic adventures. Mindy has earned her CTA, and is certified as a specialist luxury travel and destination weddings. She has been employed by three agencies and her current agency is in the process of shifting affiliations from American Express to Travel Leaders.