I decided to write today’s message on the “caring” moments after I received an email from one of my friends last week.
This advice often is construed as “sour grapes,” but never a truer message has been delivered. It is not all about fame, and money and notoriety. Far from it.
Not because I say so, but because you are about to say so.
Take a lesson this week from the founder of the famous Peanuts cartoon character, Charles Schultz, and go out and make a difference in other people’s lives. This is a splendid reminder that it is “ordinary” people who are already in place to make a difference.
The Charles Schultz Philosophy
1. Name the five wealthiest people in the world.
2. Name the last five Heisman trophy winners.
3. Name the last five winners of the Miss America contest.
4. Name ten people who have won the Nobel or Pulitzer prize.
5. Name the last half dozen Academy Award winners for best actor and actress.
6. Name the last decade’s worth of World Series winners.
Don’t feel bad. The truth is that none of us remember the headliners of yesterday.
These were no second-rate achievers… they were the best in their fields.
But after the applause dies, and the awards become tarnished, achievements are forgotten, and the accolades and certificates are buried with their owners.
Here’s another quiz. See how you do on this one:
1. List a few teachers who aided your journey through school.
2. Name three friends who have helped you through a difficult time.
3. Name five people who have taught you something worthwhile.
4. Think of a few people who have made you feel appreciated and special.
5. Think of five people you enjoy spending time with.
6. Name half a dozen heroes whose stories have inspired you.
Here is this week’s message:
The people who make a difference in your life are not the ones with the most credentials, the most money, or the most awards. They are the ones that care. Now go out into your world this week… and care.
Mike Marchev is the author of the sales book titled Become The Exception and is a popular speaker at industry events. You can receive a complimentary copy of his Special Report titled “Your 12-Word Marketing Plan.” Email Mike and put the number “12” in the subject box. Also, ask about his 3rd Annual Training Cruise coming in November. Mike@MikeMarchev.com.