While re-grouting my bathroom tile of all things, this question popped into my mind.
“When was the last time I actually had FUN?”
It seems the older we get the less we spend time having fun.
Chores… work… obligations… duties… sleeping and eating fill up most of our days.
And the days turn into weeks, and on it goes.
FUN! What an old fashion concept.
I think I liked it.
Maybe we should adopt a new mantra.
FUN IS US!
Here are a few ways to introduce some fun back into your lives:
Let me count the ways!
- Meet a new person and “get into” their story.
- Lose the deadbeats in your life.
- Close a new piece of business. (Making money can be loads of fun!)
- Call up an old client simply to say hello.
- Write a “who gives a damn” letter just to see what comes of it.
- Make an attempt to meet your role model.
- Pick a role model, then go back to #6.
- Surprise somebody (anybody) by writing a “thank you” note for a service you are still enjoying today but was rendered some time ago.
- Dig in and finish the day’s work by 4pm. Then go out and take a power walk.
- Be nice to yourself. You may like it.
- Shed three extra pounds in the next month. (This isn’t fun at the moment, but may prove to be the best fun of all in the years to come.)
- Learn to enjoy the process of doing business.
We are all going through difficult times. Lighten up. Learn to enjoy the hunt.
Quite honestly, in this day of overloaded email boxes, I am writing this message expecting that very few people are reading it. It is easier to lament the times and continue to bum yourself out.
For me? I am going to finish up the grouting and make sure I have more fun in the 30 or so years I have left on my dance card. I challenge you to do the same.
No truer six words have ever been printed:
Life is what we make it.
Mike Marchev is the author of the sales book titled Become The Exception and is a popular speaker at industry events. You can receive a complimentary copy of his Special Report titled “Your 12-Word Marketing Plan.” Email Mike and put the number “12” in the subject box. Also, ask about his 3rd Annual Training Cruise coming in November. Mike@MikeMarchev.com.