The Colorado Dude & Guest Ranch Association has been connecting families with ranches since 1934. Each of the dude ranches located throughout the mountains and mesas of Colorado must meet strict standards of excellence in order to maintain membership in the Association and are regularly inspected. Not to mention, every single member ranch has 5 out of 5 stars on TripAdvisor! Nowhere else except a Colorado Dude Ranch offers the unique combination of luxurious comfort and the old west authenticity you imagine when thinking ‘dude ranch.’
Our ranches are Inspected and Certified by the Colorado Dude and Guest Ranch Association, and it’s as important to our business as “Member of ASTA” is to yours. Each of our association member ranches is regularly inspected to be certain our standards are met for:
- Food quality and preparation
- Emphasis on providing a true Western experience
- Horse program safety
- Ratio of horses to guests
- Condition of the horse herd
- Level of horseback riding instruction
Colorado Dude and Guest Ranches welcome your business and happily pay your commission. Many ranches also pay commission on the entire stay – lodging, meals, and activities. When you send a client to a Colorado Dude and Guest Ranch, you also earn commission for any associated services they also decide to purchase. We strive to guarantee that your clients are satisfied and happy with their stay with us.
You may be wondering if all the ranches are the same. No way! Each ranch has different capacities, from 18 to 150 guests, and different luxury levels, from rustic to ritzy. Even your meals can range from hearty home-style ranch cooking to gourmet! Different ranches accommodate different age groups as well, some 3 & up, some 6 & up, and some are adult only. You also have your choice of accommodations in cabins or in the lodge.
What can you expect when you stay at a Colorado Dude and Guest Ranch?
- Snow capped mountains
- Rushing rivers
- Unbelievable vistas
- Abundant wildlife often including deer, pronghorn, coyote, eagle, elk, beaver, moose, and more
- Horses matched carefully to riders of every level
- Guided horseback rides over beautiful terrain
- Western hospitality to make even the “newest” guest feel instantly accepted and at home
- Attentive staff – “TLC” defined!
- Wonderful weather (no need for air conditioning even in July and August)
- Always available – Meals, Lodging, Guided horseback riding – instruction included, hiking, and a genuine feeling of exclusivity, since relatively few people are able to enjoy a CDGRA vacation each summer
- Typically available – Country western entertainment, cookouts, hayrides, square dancing, Jeep rides, guest rodeos, fly fishing, game room, ghost towns, and numerous other Western experiences like trips to national parks, rafting, pack trips, local events, and more!
- Often available – Swimming, hot tubs, tennis, and shooting sports
You can learn more about the Colorado Dude and Guest Ranch Association online and with our printed vacation guides. Pinpoint the ranches that look best for your clients and request literature from selected ranches. Confirm with these ranches their space availability. Then put your client and the ranch in direct contact with one another, which many ranches insist on. Fitting the guest to a ranch is a highly personal event, so let the ranch help you close the sale.
Have you been dreaming about a dude ranch vacation and waiting for the perfect deal to come along? Look to us for the best dude ranch discounts for 2015!
To learn more about the Colorado Dude Ranch & Guest Association, visit their website at www.coloradoranch.com.