If there is any truth to this title, then I suppose it is in our best interest to get a few of our prospects and customers moving in the right direction.
Today my plan is to introduce a system that is designed and proven to just that. It is affectionately known as the 2-Step Marketing System, and you can virtually take this strategy to the bank.
This is a non-intrusive way to get “interested” prospects in your particular marketplace to raise their hand indicting a genuine interest in your product or service. The system happens to be as old as dirt itself, but like everything that is good and logical, it still works today like a charm.
Here are the steps involved in The Two-Step Marketing System:
- Develop a working database. (Not too big.)
- Compile useful information that your prospects need, want, wish they had, and are interested in. My favorite “container” for this information is a Special Report, or White Paper. (Easy to read and inexpensive.)
- Offer this information to your list (via email, snail mail, postcards, or you can drop leaflets from the Good Year Blimp).
- Send information when requested along with a fine-tuned sales letter.
Follow up with the inquiry until one of three things happen:
- They die.
- You die.
- They threaten to call the cops.
That is all there is to it. This is known as The 2-Step Lead Generation Program. It works for me and it will work for you.
Don’t derail yourself by thinking that the information piece is beyond your capabilities. A check list or Top Ten List will serve the purpose just as well. This is a working example of how the “Give Before You Get” business philosophy works. It also sets up The Rule of Reciprocity very nicely. Try it. It will work.
A prospect in motion tends to stay in motion. This strategy will help them start moving.
Mike Marchev is the author of the sales book titled Become The Exception and is a popular speaker at industry events. You can receive a complimentary copy of his Special Report titled “Your 12-Word Marketing Plan.” Email Mike and put the number “12” in the subject box. Also, ask about his 3rd Annual Training Cruise coming in November. Mike@MikeMarchev.com.