It is important that we “CONCENTRATE” today. It is more important than ever. There are just too many choices and options for us in every situation. A short attention span is the shortest route to failure.
Not only should we be concentrating on our families, friends, relatives and loved ones, but also on ourselves, our future, and our personal goals. We also need to be CONCENTRATING on our businesses.
Define a goal you want to reach by this coming Friday. Make it believable and meaningful.
- Call ten current clients and thank them for “hanging tough” with you.
- Polish your database by weeding out 50 old or inactive clients/prospects. Contact a few “inactive leads” and invite them back into the fold.
- Draft an introductory letter, and send it to 20 new prospects over the next two weeks.
- Send a Press Release to your local papers announcing your NEW customer-friendly policy on airline ticketing, refunds, etc.
- Answer the phone with the specific goal of making those who called glad they decided to call you. Provide them with more service than they expected.
- Call back everyone within five minutes with a pleasant sounding, concerned, SORRY-I-MISSED-YOUR-CALL voice.
- Have each employee send five postcards to “somebody.” (Anybody)
There are hundreds of ideas. Your goal is to tell those in your “business universe” that you are “in business and eager to help.”
I don’t care what you concentrate on, I just want you to remember the important role you are playing in your community and the absolute importance of leaders continuing to lead.
People are watching you. People need you. And people are counting on you.
Mike Marchev has plenty of stories, strategies and tactics to keep you on top of your game.
Mike will be conducting his 5th annual Travel Sales & Marketing Business Development Cruise, sailing the Freedom of The Seas from Ft. Lauderdale. Email him at email@example.com for complete details. Five cabins are still available.
Mike’s daily column is made possible by AmaWaterways.