Sapphire Princess emerged today from a two-week dry dock in Singapore. The ship has been upgraded with refit onboard spaces and product innovations. After finishing up a season cruising throughout Asia, Sapphire Princess departed on a 28-day voyage from Singapore to London to begin European voyages to the Mediterranean and Northern Europe including Monte Carlo, Lisbon, Brussels, St. Petersburg, and an opportunity to cruise the Norwegian Fjords during Summer Solstice.
“Sapphire Princess is the latest ship to debut many of the signature offerings we know our guests value, enjoy and look forward to experiencing when they travel the world with Princess,” said Jan Swartz, Princess Cruises president, “This investment continues our $450 million ‘Come Back New Promise,’ a multi-year ship renovation campaign.”
New and enhanced offerings aboard Sapphire Princess include:
- New Ship Livery – Sapphire Princess is the latest ship to receive the livery design featuring the Princess Cruises logo.
- Princess Luxury Bed – available in every stateroom aboard Sapphire Princess by June 2018, the Princess Luxury Bed was developed by Princess Cruises in collaboration with sleep expert, Dr. Michael Breus and renowned HGTV designer Candice Olson.
- Club Class Mini-Suites – Sapphire Princess offers Club Class Mini-Suites, the new premium stateroom category. This mini-suite category features select perks including new Club Class Dining, a reserved dining area with expedited seating, and expanded menu options, as well as priority embarkation and disembarkation.
- Camp Discovery Youth & Teen Center – for cruisers ages 3-17, Sapphire Princess now offers a re-imagined youth center – Camp Discovery – created in partnership with Discovery Consumer Products. Catering to specific age groups, kids and teens can make new friends and participate in activities specially designed to help them discover, play, create and huddle.
- Entertainment LED Wall – located in the Princess Theater, this new LED wall will be used in production show and various onboard guest entertainer shows.
- “Bravo” – this show, featured on formal night, is a “Popra” inspired show that features a mix of pop, opera, and musical theater performed by a guest soprano in front of a live orchestra.
- Enhanced Boutiques – the Shops of Princess will offer an upgraded shopping experience, such as a branded Effy Fine Jewelry boutique. There will also be new products to choose from featuring a collection of Princess branded athletic wear and logo apparel displayed in a newly designed Logo shop.
- Lotus Spa & Fitness Center – salon and treatments rooms have been upgraded and the latest in fitness equipment is now available.
An avid traveler and an award-winning journalist, Ralph Grizzle produces articles, video and photos that are inspiring and informative, personal and passionate. A journalism graduate of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Ralph has specialized in travel writing for more than two decades. To read more cruise and port reviews by Ralph Grizzle, visit his website at www.avidcruiser.com.