If there is any truth to this title, then I suppose it is in our best interest to get a few of our prospects and customers moving in the right direction.
Today, my plan is to introduce a system that is designed and proven to do just that. It is affectionately known as the 2-Step Marketing System, and you can virtually take this strategy to the bank.
This is a non-intrusive way to get “interested” prospects in your particular marketplace to raise their hand, indicating a genuine interest in your product or service. The system happens to be as old as dirt itself, but like everything that is good and logical, it still works today like a charm.
Here are the steps involved in The Two-Step Marketing System:
- Develop a working database. (Not too big.)
- Compile useful information that your prospects need, want, wish they had, and are interested in. My favorite “container” for this information is a Special Report, or White Paper. (Easy to read and inexpensive.)
- Offer this information to your list (via email, snail mail, postcards, or you can drop leaflets from the Goodyear Blimp).
- Send information when requested along with a fine-tuned sales letter.
- Follow up the inquiry until one of three things happen:
- They die.
- You die.
- They threaten to call the cops.
That is all there is to it. This is known as The 2-Step Lead Generation Program. It works for me, and it will work for you.
Don’t derail yourself by thinking that the information piece is beyond your capabilities. A simple checklist or Top Ten List will serve the purpose just as well. This is a working example of how the “Give Before You Get” business philosophy works. It also sets up The Rule of Reciprocity very nicely. Try it. It will work to your benefit.
A prospect in motion tends to stay in motion. This strategy will help them start moving. The rest is up to you and your attention to detail.
Mike Marchev freely shares his experiences, strategies and observations with travel professionals in an effort to keep them on top of their game. For a complimentary copy of his 12-Word Marketing Plan send him an email at email@example.com.
Mike’s daily column is made possible by AmaWaterways.