When Holland America Line’s O, The Oprah Magazine Adventure of Your Life Cruise sets sail for the Caribbean Oct. 28, 2018, aboard Nieuw Amsterdam, guests are in for an inspiring week with some of the magazine’s editors and world’s leading visionaries.
Senior Editor Molly Simms and Beauty Director Brian Underwood from O, The Oprah Magazine will be cruising along with “The First Lady of Nutrition” Ann Louise Gittleman, Unplug Meditation teacher Christina Huntington, best-selling author and transformational speaker Lori Harder and Functional Life Coach creator Mastin Kipp. Special programming during the roundtrip Fort Lauderdale cruise will allow guests to gain insight and knowledge from this team of thought leaders and learn from their expertise.
“The Adventure of Your Life Cruises offer an incredible opportunity for our guests to connect with and be inspired by experts who focus on self-transformation, which goes hand in hand with travel,” said Orlando Ashford, president of Holland America Line. “We have an exciting group of O, The Oprah Magazine editors and guest speakers on board for this cruise, and there’s still plenty of time to join us for a thought-provoking and memorable experience.”
Activities and Events on the Adventure of Your Life Cruise to the Caribbean include:
- A nutritionist guru to focus on lessons in wellness, healthy eating habits and tips to feel great.
- Unplug Meditation’s Christina Huntington who will take guests on a path of meditation at Just Breathe.
- O, The Oprah Magazine editors will go behind the scenes at The Making of O and present beauty advice at O, Beautiful!
- Select items from Oprah’s Favorite Things will be available for purchase onboard at The O Shop.
The Adventure of Your Life Cruise O, The Oprah Magazine editors and thought leaders:
- Molly Simms, Senior Editor — Onboard Host of The Making of O, The Oprah Magazine – Simms is the senior editor at O, The Oprah Magazine, where she writes and edits feature stories on incredible women across the country. In the course of reporting stories for O, she has climbed a mountain, toured a garbage museum, and learned blacksmithing. She has had previous stints at Entertainment Weekly, BUST Magazine, and Kirkus Reviews.
- Brian Underwood, Beauty Director — Onboard Host of O, Beautiful! – Underwood is the beauty director for O, The Oprah Magazine, and winner of the 2016 Fragrance Foundation Award for Editorial Excellence in Fragrance Coverage.
- Ann Louise Gittleman — Onboard Host of Let’s Eat! – As a nutrition visionary and health pioneer, Gittleman has stood on the front lines of diet and detox, the environment, and women’s health. Described by Self Magazine as one of the Top Ten Notable Nutritionists in the United States, Gittleman has benefitted thousands of nutritionists, health coaches, and practitioners with her work.
- Lori Harder, Author and Transformational Speaker – Harder is a speaker, podcast host, and best-selling author who is regularly featured on the covers of Oxygen, STRONG, and Health & Fitness magazines. She has helped thousands connect with their soul, transform their bodies, empower their minds, gain financial independence, and fall in love with themselves and their lives. Harder’s debut book, “A Tribe Called Bliss,” helps women find their “tribe” — a support system to help navigate life’s challenges. She is the founder of The Bliss Project, a women’s empowerment retreat; the Bliss Habit online course for mental transformation; and the Body and Soul Program, including e-courses, meal guides, and a large online workout membership community.
- Unplug Meditation’s Christina Huntington – Onboard Host of Just Breathe – As a second generation meditation teacher, Christina has been meditating her entire life and has studied with many transformational healing mentors from an early age. Christina leads classes at the Unplug Meditation Studios in Los Angeles and is a top teacher on the Unplug: Guided Meditation app.
- Mastin Kipp, Functional Life Coach – Mastin Kipp is an author, public speaker, and creator of Functional Life Coaching, a new method for high performance that identifies and resolves emotional blocks that prevent us from living our best lives. His best-selling books “Daily Love” and “Claim Your Power” are featured in Well+Good and Huffington Post, and he has appeared on Fox, ABC, CBS News, and Oprah’s “Super Soul Sunday.” Oprah Winfrey called Kipp a “thought leader for the next generation” and named him one of 100 awakened leaders who are using their voices and talents to elevate humanity. Through his writing, online courses, in-person seminars and international retreats, Kipp has worked with more than two million people in more than 100 countries around the world.
The seven-day Eastern Caribbean cruise aboard Nieuw Amsterdam sails roundtrip Fort Lauderdale and visits Grand Turk, Turks and Caicos; San Juan, Puerto Rico; St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands; and Holland America Line’s private island Half Moon Cay in the Bahamas. Fares for the Oct. 28 Adventure of Your Life Cruise to the Caribbean start at $599 per person, double occupancy. Taxes, fees, and port expenses are additional.
An avid traveler and an award-winning journalist, Ralph Grizzle produces articles, video and photos that are inspiring and informative, personal and passionate. A journalism graduate of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Ralph has specialized in travel writing for more than two decades. To read more cruise and port reviews by Ralph Grizzle, visit his website at www.avidcruiser.com.