Reading your local news (digitally or in newsprint) can become a fascinating part of your day. That is, if you know what to look for and how to respond accordingly.
Here is an example of what I am talking about:
Rutgers, the state university of New Jersey has finally gotten itself on the collegiate football map. In reading a recent article in my morning paper, I found myself focusing on a quote written by a fellow who apparently has a Rutgers related football blog. It happened to be a quote I can use in future seminars. It really hit home with me.
It referred to finding ways to make your players successful.
“The primary responsibility of a head coach is to do what is necessary to make his players successful.”
Isn’t that the responsibility of all managers to find ways for their employees to become successful? This particular quote fits many circumstances. This quote is what I call a “keeper.”
Then I spotted the name of the author of this blog and one of my marketing genes took over. See if you can follow my thinking.
- Rutgers is finally receiving some positive press.
- People are jumping on the bandwagon.
- This guy (the author of the blog) has a following.
- I read his blog and posted a comment.
- I do this for a few weeks, becoming a familiar name to him via his blog.
- I write a personal email to him asking to meet for a cup of coffee informing him that as a result of his blog, I have a very attractive idea.
- His position coupled to his distribution network, added to the Rutgers Movement might make for a Rutgers Group Cruise.
- He is in an ideal position to serve as the “pied piper” for the group.
- The distribution is in place. The pied piper is in place. The topic interest is in place. The cruise specialist (you) is in place.
Sooner or later, those affiliated with the Rutgers Movement are going to take a cruise. The question remains, will it involve you and your expertise?
Now, get out there and have some fun marketing yourself and your business.
Mike Marchev is recognized for his down-to-earth, street-savvy and honest delivery of useful sales and marketing advice, suggestions, tactics and strategies. For a complimentary copy of his Special Report titled: 11 Sales Mistakes You Must Avoid send Mike an email with the word TRO-11 in the Subject Box. email@example.com
SPECIAL OPPORTUNITY: To be placed on the distribution list to receive Mike’s Marketing Memo filled with tips and proactive ideas send him an email by CLICKING HERE.