March 26, 2020 – People today are on edge more than ever. They don’t know who to trust and they don’t know what to believe. It is more important then ever for you to position yourself as one of the “good guys.”
Going into any new introduction, you already have one strike against you. All you can do is all you can do. But here are a few things you can do, and I strongly recommend you do:
- Maintain eye contact.
- Provide a firm handshake or elbow bump.
- Don’t harp on negative news. (We all know what is going on.)
- Don’t interrupt.
- Don’t hog the conversation.
- Ask more questions.
- Listen until it hurts.
- Repeat the person’s name more than once.
- Enter the conversation with an “idea” of what your next move will be.
- Take notes of your conversation for future recall.
- Don’t become too familiar too quickly.
Mike Marchev is always looking for a few more proactive travel professionals to join his Sales and Marketing Club. Send for details.