This week, I had an “aha” moment. We are all struggling to make sure we remain relevant to our clients and prospects; and it is getting more and more difficult the longer this COVID-19 pandemic continues. We have talked about making sure our blogs are up to date, we are active on social media and that newsletters are going out just to say hello. We even mentioned going old school and picking up a phone and giving then a personal telephone call.
While we all may be a bit tired of Zoom calls, here’s an idea.
Produce a Zoom film festival or a series of travel films.
Disclaimer: I am not sure of the legality of playing these over a Zoom call, so call your attorney first.
Fire up Netflix or Amazon Prime and invite some of your top clients to pour a glass of wine and join you for a movie or two centered on a theme. Get a supplier online as well to perhaps discuss the theme between features. Have some swag for the attendees that can be mailed.
Need some travel movie inspiration….
- Vicky Christina Barcelona (Spain)
- Romancing the Stone (Colombia)
- Titanic (Cruising) Scratch that!
- Under the Tuscan Sun (Italy)
- Julia Julia (France)
- Chocolat (France)
- Out of Africa (Africa, duh)
- Best Exotic Marigold Hotel (India)
- Up in the Air (because who doesn’t like Clooney)
- The Bucket List (because who doesn’t like Nicholson or Freeman)
- One Week (Canada)
- Everest (Nepal)
- In Bruges (Belgium)
- Once Upon a Time in Mexico (Mexico)
- A Good Year (France)
You get the idea. Movies allow people to dream and to get lost in their own imaginations. Why not let them get lost in some wanderlust? And why not be the one that encouraged them to do so?