The American Society of Travel Advisors (ASTA) is pleased to announce a number of recent hires and staff promotions intended grow its communications, industry affairs, membership and business development capacity as the industry begins its recovery from the coronavirus pandemic.
Since the beginning of the year, the following personnel have been hired to fill vacant or newly-created positions:
- Alvin Adriano as Director, Industry Affairs, joining ASTA from Premium member company Travelwise International in Fort Washington, MD, where he has served as President & CEO since 2008 while also serving on the board of ASTA’s Central Atlantic Chapter.
- Summer Corbitt as Director, Business Development, joining from Premium member company Uniglobe Travel Center, where she had served as Director of Sales and Marketing since 2016.
- Rob Fleming as Director, Information Technology, from the Society of Interventional Radiology since 2020 and before that Associated General Contractors of America since 2014.
- Mackenzie Drehoff as Manager, Events, from TriVistaUSA Design + Build and before that several stints in travel & hospitality, including Roy’s Hawaiian Fusion Cuisine, Sheraton Baltimore North and TK Restaurant Group.
- Emma Curran as Coordinator, Events (Attendees), from Indian Harbour Beach Oral Surgery in Indian Harbour Beach, FL.
- Erin Hulscher as Coordinator, Business Development, from the Alzheimer’s Association and before that several stints in travel & hospitality, including ASTA Premium member Travel and Transport, Inc. (now CTM North America) and KRAVE the Experience Day Spa.
At the same time, the following staff have been recently promoted:
- Sarah Little to Vice President, Business Development from Senior Director, Business Development. At ASTA since 2012, Sarah takes over ASTA’s business development and events portfolio, succeeding Kelly Bigel who left ASTA at the end of 2021.
- Erika Richter to Vice President, Communications & Marketing, from Senior Director, Communications. At ASTA since 2015, Erika will oversee ASTA’s internal and external communications responsibilities in addition to event and membership marketing.
- Jasmine Causey to Director, Chapter Relations, from Senior Manager, Chapter Relations. At ASTA since 2014, Jasmine will act as the main liaison between headquarters and the leadership of ASTA’s 50+ chapter around the country.
- Lou Altobelli to Manager, Advocacy, from Coordinator, Advocacy. At ASTA since 2019, Lou manages the day-to-day operation of ASTA’s political action committee (“ASTAPAC”) and grassroots activities, reporting to Advocacy VP Jessie Klement.