Want to build an enthusiastic group of followers on Facebook? This week we are going to look at five different categories of posts almost certain to gain followers. We are also going to give you examples you can use immediately. Your goal is to create “engagement” – likes, comments and shares to increase the number of people exposed to your brand. With a bit of strategic thinking, you will be adding to your fan base quickly.
Before I cover today’s post category, however, here are a few tips to ensure the followers you already have stay involved with your updates and posts.
- Have both a personal profile and a business page. Keep the two separate!
- Post at least 3 days a week (5 is better), a couple of times a day from both your personal and business page.
- Be careful about the frequency of your attempts to be overtly commercial. A stream of travel specials is not the way to go! Many experts recommend a 80/20 rule for commercial messages on your Page postings versus other content.
- Be creative! Mix it up and vary your content. Yet, be consistent in your voice and online persona.
- Think in terms of a content calendar – plan your posts in advance around themes or consistent ideas. Establish a pattern that your community of followers will come to expect.
- Use your page “insights” to adjust and watch your engagement, likes and dislikes and to modify your posts.
Developing engaging content is important to your overall marketing campaign on Facebook. One of the best type of engaging posts for a travel practice are quotes on the topic of travel. Below are a few such quotes from the Travelhoppers Facebook Page. I have also indicated the number of Likes, Comments and Shares each has garnered.
”Everywhere is within walking distance if you have the time.” ~ Stephen Wright
35 people like this View all 2 comments
”Life is short and the world is wide” ~ Simon Raven
48 people like this 14 shares
”I am going away with him to an unknown country where I shall have no past and no name, and where I shall be born again with a new face and an untried heart.” ~ Colette
41 people like this View all 5 comments
“A man of ordinary talent will always be ordinary, whether he travels or not; but a man of superior talent will go to pieces if he remains forever in the same place.” ~ Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
57 people like this View all 1 comments 13 shares
Your readers will inevitably respond to travel quotes. As they identify your travel practice with these quotes, your own brand profile is raised.
You can assist with the further dissemination of your posts by Sharing some portion of your Posts with your personal profile. In addition, as people Comment, be sure to “Like” their comments to further increase their interaction with your page.
Where do you find a good set of quotes on travel? Here is a start, but a bit of search and research on Google will turn up many others.
Tomorrow: Open Questions