I believe in full transparency, and I have to tell you that putting together my first hosted trip has not been easy. Especially given the fact that I’m adding special experiences before and after the barge cruise — and dealing with French hotels and operators. They’ve been kind, patient and professional, but sometimes things get lost in translation. They actually wanted us to fax in credit card numbers to reserve our hotel rooms. Do fax machines still exist? Apparently they do in France.
But that is the charm of France, isn’t it? And we’re going. And we have a great trip planned — a really great trip — and, now that we’re all speaking the same language, we have a great price, $3,995 per person, double occupancy. You’ll need to contact me directly to get this price, and it’s easiest to do so by using this link. If you prefer to talk, email me with your phone number.
Here’s what is included:
- Six nights/Seven days of all-inclusive barging from Arles to Sete*
- Tours included everyday of the barge trip.
- PLUS two pre-hotel nights in a five-star hotel in Arles, including breakfast**
- PLUS one post-hotel night in a four-star hotel in Montpelier, including breakfast**
- PLUS three additional exclusive tours: Avignon, Pont du Gard & Chateauneuf du Pape, Sete Gourmet Markets Tour & Montpelier Tour
- For only $3,995 per person
* Transfers to Arles at the beginning of the trip and from Montpelier at the end of the trip are not included ** Note that a few lunches and dinners are not included for the pre/post days
I believe this trip offers an exceptional value. Barge trips nearly always start at more than $4,000 per person. And those are the beginning prices for the barge portion only. We’re adding three extra nights at four- and five-star hotels, plus we’re also adding special tours. All for $3,995 per person. CroisiEurope’s price for the barge cruise alone is $2,824.
You’ll find all of the details of the trip here.
Please let me know as soon as possible if you’d like to book space by contacting me through the form at this link.
I’m excited about taking you along and showing you some of my favorite places in one of my favorite regions of the world – and via a mode of travel that I think you’ll find particularly appealing, barging.
Bon voyage, Ralph Grizzle
An avid traveler and an award-winning journalist, Ralph Grizzle produces articles, video and photos that are inspiring and informative, personal and passionate. A journalism graduate of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Ralph has specialized in travel writing for more than two decades. To read more cruise and port reviews by Ralph Grizzle, visit his website at www.avidcruiser.com.