From Time Suck to Time Savvy – 19 Ways to Get More Social Fans
Does your day start like this?
- Ohh, look at this cool photo on my social feed
- Yikes, I should really get more photos on my sites & grow my social fan base
- Wow, this is an amazing video. How did they do that?
- Hmmm…I guess it’s time to think about changing my cover photo again.
- I should look to see what’s popular and create an image.
- Ah, look at the time, I’ve got to jump onto that client call now.
Sometimes it may feel like there are so many things on that ‘to-do’ and ‘want to do’ list that it’s impossible to know where to start.
What if you had a road map or calendar designed to grow your on-line social presence step by step?
Whether you’re just getting started or ready to gain even more traction, imagine how this would jolt you out of the time-suck mode into a time-savvy marketer.
Let’s explore some marketing tips you can use right now, today, pronto! It’s easy to pick one tip each day and check it off your to-do list. You’ll quickly be on the road to gaining more fans who LOVE you and are ready to become YOUR super fans. (You know… those people who like, comment and share your content.)
- Change your email signature line and showcase your social presence. Invite readers to your social site by giving them a reason to join your conversation. How about saying something like this:
- “Do you want to learn more about cruising? ‘Like’ my Facebook page for travel tips and unique cruise destinations you may not have considered.
- Are you interested in the latest travel tips, Follow me on Twitter!
- Remember to hyperlink the highlighted text above
- Create a post on your main social site inviting fans to check out your other social sites. For example, create a Facebook post inviting people to follow you on Twitter. Include a relevant photo or even the Twitter logo to attract attention.
- Start an advertising campaign to gain more fans.
- Up your game with even more tips here.
- Embed tweets and posts into your blog. What a cool way to gain more eyeballs and reactions on your social posts. When you embed tweets and posts, they are live and all ‘likes, comments and shares’ will be attributed to the posts…even though the reactions occurred within your blog post. How cool is that!
- Embed posts and tweets into your website. You’ve probably seen some websites where you can follow the company’s latest social feeds right on their website. It’s an engaging way to draw web visitors into the social conversation.
- Elevate your social ads with a lead generation tool. Use a cool infographic, packing list or travel tip guide as your lead magnet. Here’s how.
- Create videos about your niche market or specialty.
- Get even better at live streaming video
- Max out your advertising strategies by setting up highly targeted audiences
Are you counting and looking for the rest of the tips? Check out this infographic for the entire list of the 19 social marketing tips. Plus the 2 bonus tips!
Don’t flounder and waste any more time. Break out of ‘time-suck’ mode! Mix up your marketing and gain more super fans.
What other tips have you used to get out there socially, get noticed and grow your business?
Catherine Heeg, international speaker and trainer, focuses on social media marketing & communication for the travel and tourism industry. Join the conversation and connect with her at www.cmsspeaking.com and socially.
Connect online for access to free social media resources.
When you ‘like’ her Facebook page you’ll have access to the latest social media news just for travel pros!