If you are unhappy with what is going on in your business, it may not be your business that is failing. You may be failing at “doing business.” You may not be giving your business an honest chance to fail.
Business involves a number of activities that need to be coordinated on a regular basis. Are you being attentive to these activities?
Here are some of those activities I am alluding to:
- Clearly defining your service and understanding what it is you are bringing to the party.
- Building and growing a meaningful database of qualified prospects and future clients.
- Contacting prospects on a regular basis.
- Being creative while trying new ways to attract attention.
- “Blowing your customer’s minds” with service… and then delivering some more “unexpected” service.
- Understanding and accepting the fact that a certain number of clients will “drop you like a hot potato” for no good reason whatsoever now and then.
- Focusing your attention on finding just one more new client each and every day.
- Looking to build alliances with other smart people in your town or industry.
If you are coming up short in any one of these areas, you are probably failing at the game of business. But if you are not attempting to address any of these steps to build your business, you are just killing time… taking up space.
So snap out of it. Do what needs doing. Start to “build your business” today. There is work to do and fun to be had. Get started. Your business is probably not failing. You may be just failing to do business. Start today. Start right now.
Mike Marchev is the author of the sales book titled Become The Exception and is a popular speaker at industry events. You can receive a complimentary copy of his Special Report titled “Your 12-Word Marketing Plan.” Email Mike and put the number “12” in the subject box. Also, ask about his 3rd Annual Training Cruise coming in November. Mike@MikeMarchev.com.